Protect Your Rights After A Motor Vehicle Accident
In the aftermath of a car accident, you need legal assistance to help you hold negligent parties responsible and protect your rights to compensation.
When you have been in an experience as traumatic as a car accident, it is important to have a skilled lawyer by your side who can guide you through the process of getting compensation so that you can rest as much as possible. Green Bay attorney Chris Froelich of Froelich Law Offices has been helping personal injury clients in Wisconsin for over 28 years. In addition to car accidents, he also handles truck accidents and motorcycle accidents. When you entrust your case in his hands, you can expect meticulous casework and personalized attention for your individual needs. We represent people who are injured in car accidents.
We have experience filing personal injury lawsuits for people, including drivers or passengers, who are injured in car accidents. We start the personal injury action by filing a summons and complaint in court. We then receive an answer to the civil pleadings from the insurance company. Typically, the insurance company hires a lawyer to represent the insurance company throughout the civil action. The insurance company’s lawyers send out interrogatories for the injured party to answer which are actually questions designed to find out about the injuries sustained by the injured party and all the facts about how the accident occurred. We then get involved in taking depositions of the injured party and other witnesses involved in the accident. We consult with medical doctors, physical therapists, chiropractors and other medical professionals to assess the injuries sustained by our client in the accident. We review the insurance policy which was in effect at the time of the auto accident to determine the applicable policy limits. Our attorney goes out to the accident scene with the client to get a feel for where the accident happened and to obtain photographs of the accident scene. We follow up with other witnesses, police officers and medical staff at the scene to determine what happened. We may hire a private investigator to interview other witnesses about the accident. We then prepare the case for mediation where both sides meet with a neutral arbitrator in an attempt to negotiate a settlement for the injured person. If the case does not settle at mediation, then we proceed to take the case to trial. We can help you get just compensation and a fair settlement if you are injured in a car or truck accident. We have secured financial settlements for numerous personal injury clients.
- Pit bull attack — Neighbor failed to watch pit bull which ran out from the door and attacked a next-door neighbor. Attorney Froelich was able to obtain a large settlement for the injured party who was attacked.
- Pedestrian hit by car — Student crossed the road at school break and was struck by a vehicle. Attorney Froelich was able to obtain a good settlement for the student who suffered a broken arm in the collision.
- Rear-end accident — Client was involved in a rear-end accident which caused soft tissue injuries to the client’s neck. Attorney Froelich filed a lawsuit and was able to secure a large financial settlement for the injured party who was not at fault in the accident.
- Semitruck accident — Client was driving a minivan with child in the car and was merging onto the highway. A semitruck merged and failed to see the minivan and collided with the minivan causing serious injuries to the client and her child which required hospitalization and surgery. Attorney Froelich filed a lawsuit against the trucking company and their carrier which resulted in a substantial six-figure settlement for the client.
- SUV vs. semitruck accident — Grandparents took several family members and children to Disney for a vacation. The family was headed back to Wisconsin on the interstate when traffic came to a halt. A semitruck came over the crest of the hill and failed to see that traffic had stopped causing a serious accident involving death. Attorney Froelich filed a civil lawsuit on behalf of a deceased child in the vehicle and was able to secure a substantial insurance settlement for the parents.
- Slip and fall — Client lived in an upstairs unit of a house which had broken stairs. The client fell and sustained serious injuries from the fall on stairs that were not properly maintained by the landlord. Attorney Froelich filed a lawsuit on behalf of the injured party and obtained a substantial insurance settlement for the client who sustained shoulder injuries.
- Pedestrian accident — Client was dropped off on a side road off the highway. The client was struck by a car and died as a result of the collision. Attorney Froelich was able to secure a settlement for the deceased family asserting failure to maintain a proper lookout.
- Numerous car accidents — Attorney Froelich has represented numerous other individuals who were hurt or injured in car accidents. Attorney Froelich was either able to negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company or file lawsuits which resulted in a financial settlement for the injured person. Attorney Froelich has helped numerous people over the years who were injured in car accidents and was able to get them the compensation that they deserve.
What To Do After A Car Accident
If you are not too injured in the immediate aftermath of the accident, there are a few things you can do to prepare for a potential legal claim:
- Take pictures of the scene.
- Take pictures of the involved vehicles to show damage.
- Do not refuse ambulance transport if you are injured.
- Follow all doctor’s orders.
- Do not talk to the insurance company.
- Do not provide a recorded statement to the insurance adjuster.
- Gather insurance information of the drivers involved.
- Speak with witnesses and write down what they say.
- See a doctor immediately, no matter how mild or severe your injuries are so that you can get the necessary medical documents to support your claim.
- Contact attorney Christopher T. Froelich immediately to discuss your claim.
Seek Compensation To Account For All Your Losses
A personal injury lawsuit can help you secure compensation to cover the costs of expenses that may have resulted from your accident, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost work wages
- Job retraining
- Death benefits, such as funeral costs or support after losing your family’s breadwinner
You may also be facing especially severe injuries, such as:
- Head injuries, including brain trauma
- Spinal injuries
- Bone fractures
When you are in need of expensive, long-term treatment, it is likely that the liable insurance company will try to deny your claim to protect its own interests. You need Chris Froelich to represent you and face the insurance company on your behalf so you can focus on your recovery.
Let Us Fight For You
At Froelich Law Offices, we understand the frustrations and stress that come in the aftermath of a car accident, and we want you to feel supported. To discuss your accident with Chris Froelich in a confidential setting, schedule a consultation by emailing us or calling our office at 920-430-0365.